- The H&RS cupid has struck again...Mayra Alcala & Alex Ramos have made it official! The H&RS staff members married in Seville, Spain on December 20, 2014 in a small castle.
- Arturo Ojeda Torres, a Baker in Ortega Dining Commons, and Juana Vargas, a Sr. Custodian in Residential Operations, are now United States citizens!
- Diana Almaraz gave birth to baby Paxton on March 13. He was 19" long and 7.4 lbs.
- Sara Engebrit's baby has arrived as well and it's a... girl! Pearl Engebrits was born on November 28 and weighed in at 8lb 5oz.
- Whitney Morris of Conference Services received the Volunteer of the Year award from the Association of Collegiate Conference and Events Directors-International.
- UCSB won 1st place among all UC schools in the Campus Conservation National Energy Saving Competition! We had an overall 7.7% reduction in energy use in the residence halls. Manzanita Village saved the most energy (11.4%) of the UCSB Residence Halls. You can read more about it in the campus newsletter, The Current. We also had a water savings contest at the same time and Santa Catalina saved the most water (5.7%).
- Residential Dining Director Jill Horst was on the cover of the December issue of Foodservice Director Magazine. Way to represent Jill!
Mayra & Alex Ramos Paxton Almaraz Sara & Pearl Jill Horst
DID YOU KNOW?
- We offer free notary services to H&RS staff. The service is only for H&RS Staff during normal business hours (M-F 8am-5pm) by appointment. Please contact Alex Ramos via email to schedule an appointment or by phone at 893-4014.
- Residential & Community Living is sponsoring Student Leadership Development Once-A-Month workshops. They have expanded this opportunity to include all H&RS student staff members, so be sure to spread the word to our wonderful student workforce.