Undergraduate Apartments

What/When is dog therapy day?

During the 10th week of the quarter (the week before finals), UCSB Health & Wellness brings in certified dog therapists to help relieve finals week stress and promote positive outlooks and wellness. Advertisements for Dog Therapy Day will broadcast on DigiKnow screens throughout our communities and Dining Commons as “Study Week” (the week before finals) approaches.

My computer's not connecting to the residential network (ResNet). Who can help me?

The ResNet staff can help you! There are service centers in San Nicolas, Manzanita Village, and Santa Catalina where you can talk to and receive help from a member of the ResNet staff. You can also email resnet@housing.ucsb.edu with specific questions and concerns! More contact information as well as the ResNet information and policies can be found online at www.housing.ucsb.edu/resnet.   

Can I live in University Housing if I am not a full-time student?

As a student living in University Housing, it is required that you are enrolled as a full-time student, taking a minimum of 12 units per quarter. If you are not enrolled with 12 units, or are unable to sign up for classes, you MUST make an appointment to meet with your hall’s Resident Director as soon as possible to discuss the matter further and go over your options. To make an appointment with your RD, stop by your hall’s front desk. Apartment residents should stop by the main office in Santa Ynez or call 805-893-4021.



Should I have personal property insurance?

The University of California strongly recommends renters insurance for all students. Renters insurance provides valuable protection if your personal belongings are stolen or damaged, including laptop computers, smartphones, bicycles, game consoles, textbooks, clothing and other personal items. If your laptop or other valuables are stolen or damaged, you are responsible for replacing them, not the school.

How do you match roommates?

We ask fourteen lifestyle questions during the personal preferences process that is accessed via the Applications page.

If students are self-assigning their space, you'll be able to see responses to others' Personal Preferences/Lifestyle Questionnaire during self-assign to make good choices for yourself. If you have specific people with whom you want to live, review instructions on booking roommate groups.

How do I apply to be a Resident Assistant (RA)?

Specific information about how to become an RA in the Residence Halls and the Apartments for the subsequent school year is typically released around the end of fall quarter. The application for the RA position should become live online around the end of fall quarter. In the beginning of winter quarter, Residential & Community Living (R&CL) usually puts on optional information sessions to give everyone the chance to learn more about the position, listen to current RAs share their experiences, and ask any questions about the position.

How do I do laundry in a UCSB Residence Hall or Apartment Complex?

Each of our Residence Halls and Apartment complexes* are equipped with a laundry facility for residents to use. Residents can use a credit/debit card directly at each machine (Visa and Mastercard) to do their laundry. Students can sign up for WaveVision, a laundry alert system that will let residents know the status of machines (available, running, done), minutes remaining, and an option for notifications. They can sign up for a free account by going to https://www.mywavevision.com/ and setting their location to 93106.

How much does it cost to live in the undergraduate apartments?


You can find rate information for all of our communities here: http://www.housing.ucsb.edu/rates. Keep in mind that rates are for an all inclusive 9-month contract that includes high-speed wired and wireless internet access, regular housekeeping and landscaping in common areas, on-site laundry room, gas, electricity, water, garbage pick-up, community events, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.