Interest Rate = 3.0%
UCSB Faculty and Staff have numerous housing alternatives available in the community. The Faculty Housing Office provides housing assistance designed specifically for Faculty in the areas of relocation counseling assistance and referrals, home purchase assistance and For Sale housing. Faculty who desire rental housing are served by the Community Housing Office. For more information about housing for UCSB staff members, please visit the Staff Housing page.
Home Purchase Assistance
- Provides counseling on various available loans including the Mortgage Origination Program (M.O.P).
- Includes MOP loan pre-qualification or referral to an experienced loan agent at a commercial institution in the private sector.
- Guides you through the process of purchasing a home.
- Describes the rights and responsibilities of both buyer and seller.
- Compare MOP Rate with conventional mortgage rates by visiting the Mortgage Origination Program and Conventional Loan Interest Rate Comparison publication.
- MOP Historical Rate Information found at Office of Loan Programs Historical Rate.
Faculty Relocation & Counseling
- Answers questions and provides information on local school districts, cultural activities, transportation options, utility companies, shopping, etc.
- Arranges for professional tours of the area, giving overviews of various neighborhoods.
Faculty For-Sale Housing
For more information about Faculty For Sale Housing please contact Rosemary Peterson, Executive Director of the UCSB Community Housing Authority at email@example.com.
Sierra Madre Apartments
- Located at 505 Storke Road, about 1.5 miles from the UCSB Campus. The complex is home to 36 newly constructed Staff & Faculty Rental Apartments (unfurnished).
- Many amenities and sustainable design measures were incorporated into the Sierra Madre Apartment project, including:
- Energy Star Appliances include stainless steel refrigerator, electric stove, dishwasher and full size stackable washer and dryers.
- Granite Countertops and solid Wood Cabinetry in kitchen.
- Low flow toilets and faucets. Dual Pane Windows throughout.
- Solar thermal preheat of domestic water and radiant heating
- 100% LED lighting throughout
- 3-story building with common rooms and elevator access.
- Adjacent to 650 pristine acres of coastal habitats, open for public access, in perpetuity.
- Three community BBQ’s provided for your outdoor culinary pleasures.
- Offering two unfurnished floorplans:
- 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartments (approx. 894 sq ft)
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath apartment (approx. 1123sq ft)
- LEED* Platinum certification, under ‘LEED for Homes,’ by the U.S. Green Building Council
- for more information please contact Liana Decierdo (805-893-4448)
Rental Housing Options
- Please contact the UCSB Community Housing Office at (805) 893-4371 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in locating a rental property near campus.
Coastal Housing Partnership
- The Coastal Housing Partnership is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the community by assisting local employees with their home buying needs.
- Home buying benefits
- Home buying education seminars
- Resources as employees navigate their way through the home buying process
- Mortgage refinance benefits
- Rental assistance benefits
- UCSB Staff (Faculty) enjoy the following Membership Benefits:
- A network of service professionals to assist employees in their search for area housing, whether leasing or buying
The Faculty Housing office assists in the ongoing development of initiatives related to the future development of affordable faculty housing. Current projects in the development cycle:
*Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design. LEED is a program administered by the U.S. Green Building Council in an effort to encourage energy and water efficiency; improve indoor environmental quality; use recycled, renewable, and locally available materials; and optimize the way the building and its site interact with the surrounding area. Within each category, points are assigned for the use of different design measures, material choices, or construction practices, the accumulation of which leads to one of four levels of certification, Platinum being the highest. - See more at: http://www.housing.ucsb.edu/blog/sierra-madre-leeding-way-sustainability...