UCSB Residential Dining offers off campus residents the option to eat in the University-owned dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans). This includes the three commons on the Main Campus: Ortega, Carrillo, and De La Guerra; and one on the Storke Campus: Portola
We will begin accepting requests for Fall Quarter 2017 meal plans starting Monday, September 18th. First meal available for Off Campus Meal Plan holders will be on Monday, September 25th, 2017.
- Monday (09/25/17) = First meal for Fall Quarter will be breakfast
- Sunday (11/19/17) = Last day to cancel or make changes to meal plans
- Friday (12/15/17) = Last meal served for Fall Quarter will be dinner
- Monday (12/18/17) = We will begin accepting Winter Quarter meal plan requests
What you need to know:
- Meal plans are run on a quarter by quarter basis. Plans will automatically cancel at the end of each quarter
- Sign up online anytime during the quarter
- An ACCESS card (with magnetic stripe) is required for every meal
- Black & White ACCESS 'ID' cards are not acceptable
- Meal plans run Monday-Sunday
- Meals do not roll over to the following week
- Excess meals are charged to BA/RC (guest meal rate)
- NOTE: you may begin using your meals in the week you select on the online application but it may take up to 2 weeks before charges appear on the BA/RC statements
Changes and Cancellations
- Must be made online (see links at top of page)
- Meal plans must be in effect for 2 weeks before cancellation or reduction can be requested
- Only one cancellation per quarter is allowed
- Changes & cancellations cannot be made after the 8th week of the quarter
Off Campus Meal Plan Pricing— Spring 2017
Price selection reflects the cost of the meal plan for the remainder of the quarter.
Guests in the Dining Commons
Please see our Guest Meal Policy for prices and information.
Your online purchase of a meal plan indicates your agreement to abide by the policies and procedures listed above as well as the Residence Hall Life policies. Any lack of cooperation or lack of civility while in the dining rooms will jeopardize your dining privilege, subject you to university discipline and could also lead to more serious consequences.
We reserve the right to deny the provision of meal plan privileges for non-compliance with any policy or procedure.
For more information please contact 805-893-3093.