Once purchased, no changes or cancellations are allowed until October 8th. Please be sure to order the correct meal plan. Thank you.
UCSB Residential Dining offers students not living in the residence halls the option to eat in the University-owned dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans). This includes the three commons on the Main Campus: Ortega, Carrillo, and De La Guerra; and one on the Storke Campus: Portola
We are currently accepting Fall Quarter meal plan request. Fall Quarter Meal Plans start on Monday, September 24, 2018. Once purchased no changes or cancellation until week 3 (10/8/18).
- Monday (09/24/18) = First meal for Fall Quarter will be breakfast
- Sunday (11/18/18) = Last day to cancel or make changes to Fall Quarter meal plans
- Friday (12/14/18) = Last meal served for Fall Quarter will be dinner
- Monday (12/17/18) = We will begin accepting Winter Quarter 2019 meal plan requests
What you need to know:
- Meal plans are run on a quarter by quarter basis so you need to sign up each quarter. Plans will automatically cancel at the end of each quarter.
- Sign up online anytime during the quarter. The week you select for the meal plan to start is the rate for the remainder of the quarter.
- An ACCESS card (with magnetic stripe) is required for every meal.
- Black & White ACCESS 'ID' cards are not acceptable.
- Meal plans run Monday-Sunday.
- Meals do not roll over to the following week.
- Excess meals are charged to BA/RC (guest meal rate).
- NOTE: you may begin using your meals in the week you select on the online application but it may take up to 2 weeks before charges appear on the BA/RC statements.
Changes and Cancellations
- Must be made online (When cancelling: the week you select to cancel your meal plan will be the week your meal plan will be cancelled for the remainder of the quarter. You only need to make one cancellation request to cancel your meal plan for the quarter.)
- Meal plans must be in effect for 2 weeks before a change or cancellation can be requested. Change and Cancel link will be back up after the second week of the quarter.
- Only one cancellation per quarter is allowed.
- Changes and cancellations cannot be made after the 8th week of the quarter.
Off Campus Meal Plan Pricing— Fall 2018
Price selection reflects the cost of the meal plan for the remainder of the quarter.
Guests in the Dining Commons
Please see our Guest Meal Policy for prices and information.
Your online purchase of a meal plan indicates your agreement to abide by the policies and procedures listed above as well as the Residence Hall Life policies. Any lack of cooperation or lack of civility while in the dining rooms will jeopardize your dining privilege, subject you to university discipline and could also lead to more serious consequences.
We reserve the right to deny the provision of meal plan privileges for non-compliance with any policy or procedure.
For more information please contact 805-893-3093.