Is your New Year’s resolution of eating right and exercising more a distant memory? Well, eating healthy and staying active is more than a New Year’s resolution but an every day pledge! Nutrition Week is our way to celebrate National Nutrition Month, sponsored by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, by providing you with information and tools to help you meet your health and nutrition goals.
From March 4th through March 8th, our dining commons will host a week of fun activities and events that include:
- Ask the Nutritionist – learn about food choices and new dietary guidelines
- Executive Chef’s Tasting Tables
- Fresh Produce Demonstrations
- Interactive Demonstrations – Fear Factor: Exotic Fruit; Guess the Protein; Nutrition Quiz
- SHS Healthy Eating & Living Interns – ask about health & nutrition
- UCSB Recreation Center Table
- Isla Vista Co-Op Display
- Skip-It for Health
- Prize Giveaways – Klean Kanteens, Gift Cards and more!
View the full Nutrition Week calendar and schedule of daily activities and events at: http://www2.housing.ucsb.edu/marcom/NutritionWeekCalendar2013.pdf