| May 1, 2018
- Submit UCSB Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to be eligible to reserve your guarntee to complete a residence hall contract (below).
- You must establish your UCSBnetID before you can complete the residence hall reservation process.
- After you submit your SIR and establish your UCSBnetID, it may take up to five business days before you will be able to log in to access the housing reservation process.
|May 8, 2018
- Deadline to complete the Residence Hall Reservation to guarantee access to sign a housing contract. The processes closes at 4:00pm.
- University housing is guaranteed as long as we receive your reservation by May 8, 2018 and you sign a residence hall contract by the deadline in the subsequent process. This first step is not a first come, first served process.
- UCSB does not require a housing deposit when you make your reservation or sign the contract. Fees for freshmen will be due in September. However, there is a cancellation fee. If you cancel your contract prior to September 1, 2018, the cancellation fee is $350. For cancellations after September 1, 2018, the contract holder is held rent responsible until a replacement is found.
- To confirm that University & Community Housing Services has received your completed Residence Hall Reservation and Contract, please refer to the Steps to Enrollment checklist on the Admissions website.
- Once your reservation has been received and processed or if you decline the option for university housing, it will be indicated as “Complete” (green check mark) on the Steps to Enrollment page.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your U-Mail to an alternate e-mail (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.). If you don’t receive a confirmation email from us within a few minutes of submitting your reservation, check your spam and trash folders.
- If you're participating in the Freshman Summer Start Program (FSSP), please visit our FSSP page for more information.
- Contact University & Community Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-893-4371 during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- You must SIR and establish your UCSBnetID and password before completing your housing reservation.
- You must also activate your U-Mail account before you will be able to enter the housing process.
- Allow 1-3 business days from the time of activation before the link for the process will work.
- We will send an e-mail to your U-Mail address once you having completed necessary steps and are able to access the housing reservation process.
- On the first page of the reservation process please indicate whether or not you plan to live in UCSB housing before moving on.
If you have any questions about the housing contract process, please contact our office:
(805) 893-4371 or email@example.com
The 2018-19 Residence Hall Reservation process to secure the housing guarantee for New Freshmen will open on April 10, 2018 at 10:00am.
You must establish your UCSBnetID and password, and activate your U-Mail, before you can access the process. Once you're able to access the link below you will recieve an email to your U-Mail account so please wait for that email before trying the link.
Freshmen Housing Reservation Process