Do you want the BEST job on campus?! Have you ever wanted to have the opportunity for professional, emotional, and community development? If so, apply to be a Resident Assistant! It’s the chance to be recognized as a leader among your UCSB Community, and to learn about the diverse UCSB Residential & Community Living. And if you're wondering what happened to the RC position in the university apartments, we changed the name. Next year's RCs will be called RAs and it's one big hiring process.
Minimum qualifications for being a RA:
- 2.3 cumulative & 2.0 quarterly GPA
- Maintain UCSB full‐time student status for the duration of employment
- Complete a fingerprint scan and pass a background check
- Outside time commitments, including TA‐ships, are limited to 10 hours/week
“The Resident Assistant position is really one-of-a-kind. It gives the opportunity for those interested to grow in more ways than imaginable, while still being a student at UCSB. The situations you encounter and learn about will shape life for years to come. The people I’ve met in this position have and will become my lifelong friends and inspirations.” –Current RA
Steps to Apply:
- Educate yourself! Watch the RA selection video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded v=2bPqQiTZAUU), read through the informational guide (http://www.housing.ucsb.edu/rcl/RA2013.pdf), and take a glance at the FAQ list (http://www.housing.ucsb.edu/rcl/RA2013FAQ.pdf).
- Attend an Information Session: January 8th at San Clemente Villages Community Center and January 10th at 8:00pm in the SRB Multi-Purpose Room
- Get started on your RA Application (http://info.housing.ucsb.edu/RAApplication1314.aspx)! Be thoughtful, honest, and true to yourself! Don’t pretend to be anything you think R&CL expects, because we want to see your personality!
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MONDAY, JANUARY 14TH, 2013 @ 4PM