The following information is for single graduate, undergraduate, EAP or UCSB Extension students seeking UCSB housing for winter and spring quarters, or spring quarter only. Students applying for housing must have a valid email address and a UCSB perm number or UCSB Extension Student ID Number.
- Winter Quarter Application Process
- October 1 - January 5
- Housing will be offered to eligible applicants based on a first-come, first-served basis. Results will be start to be made available by mid-November.
- To be considered in the initial round of contract offers, submit an application before November 20. The application will still be available after this date.
- Those students awarded housing will have a limited time to complete and return the contract.
- Students not awarded housing will be placed on the waiting list until one of their requested room types becomes available. Placement on the waiting list is based upon your original application date.
- Limited space is available and is based on anticipated vacancies.
- Spring Quarter Application Process
- January 15 - May 15
- Limited space is available and is based on anticipated vacancies. Spring Quarter applicants have a fairly good chance of obtaining UCSB housing accommodations for the quarter. Contract offers will be made by the end of February.
- Those student awarded housing will have a limited time to complete and return the contract.
- UCSB Housing Rates for apartments and residence halls.
- Inaccurate or incomplete data submitted on your application will decrease your chance of being awarded a housing contract.
- If you receive an undergraduate student contract, your contract will be valid through the end of Spring Quarter only. Housing applications for Summer Sessions or the next academic year must be submitted according to the timelines set for those application processes. Graduate student contracts are valid through August 15.
- If you choose to cancel your contract after signing it, you'll need approval from Resident Placement & Assignment Services and will be charged a cancellation fee.
- Please check your Umail account directly and frequently so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your Umail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) If you don’t receive a confirmation email from us within a few minutes of submitting your application, check your spam folder, and then contact our office.
|Undergraduate / EAP students||graduate students||ucsb extension students|
|San Clemente Villages|
If you have any questions about the online application process, or need to submit an application for housing after the specified date, please contact the proper office: Apartment Assignments 805-893-4021 / email@example.com OR Residence Halls Assignments 805-893-5513 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Spring application for the 2016-2017 academic year will open on January 15, 2017. If you need housing in Winter Quarter, please contact our Residence Hall Assignments office at the contact above.
Gender inclusive housing options are available for students that are transgender, transsexual, intersex, and other diverse gender identities and expressions. To inquire about gender inclusive housing options, please contact Mario Munoz in Resident Placement & Assignment Services at 805-893-7391, or the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity 805-893-5846.