The Single Postdoctoral Scholar Housing Application
The following information is for single post-doctoral scholars who would like to apply for single graduate student apartments in San Clemente Villages. If you are a post-doctoral scholar with a family, please contact the Community Housing Office to obtain information on non-university housing options.
Applying for Single Postdoctoral Scholar housing in San Clemente Villages
- To be eligible to apply for housing in San Clemente Villages, the postdoc must first be offered a position by a UCSB department.
- Post-docs may apply for housing in San Clemente Villages at a non-student rate.
- Post-doc housing is contingent upon availability after housing UCSB students.
- A lottery will be conducted for a limited number of apartment spaces.
- Contracts will end August 15, 2017 (for the 2016-17 academic year), or when your employment as a post-doc is complete, whichever comes first.
- There is a $250 cancellation fee if you cancel prior to July 1, and $350 if you cancel on or after July 1 with approval from our office.
- For more information on the complex and its ammenities please see San Clemente Villages.
- What you will need to submit your application for housing:
- The contact in your department who accesses the Personnel Payroll System (PPS) and their phone number.
- Your employee number, if available.
If you are offered and accept housing accommodations with the University, we will require one other form of identification to complete your contract: (1) Driver's License and state of issue; (2) Passport and country.
If you have completed the steps above please proceed to the application.
If you have any questions about the on-line application process, please call the Assignment Services staff at (805) 893-4021 between 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.