Through the 2&2 Program, students are guaranteed housing for all four years of their UCSB experience, either in the residence halls or the apartments, as long as all deadlines are met. These are the deadlines for your freshman year, 2017-18.
- Submit your UCSB Statement of Intent to Register by the May 1, 2017 deadline to be eligible to complete the Residence Hall Contract (below).
- You must establish your UCSB NetID before you can complete the Residence Hall Contract.
- After you submit your SIR and establish your UCSBNetID, it may take 1-5 business days before you will be able to log in to the housing Personal Preference page.
- Deadline to complete housing contracts is May 15, 2017.
- Housing is guaranteed as long as we receive your contract by May 15, 2017. It is not a first come, first served process.
- UCSB does not require a housing deposit when you sign the contract. Fees for freshmen will be due in September. However, there is a cancellation fee. If you cancel your contract prior to July 1, 2017, the cancellation fee is $250. The cancellation on July 1, 2017 or later, prior to occupancy, is $350. If you cancel your contract, fees are assessed even if you decide not to attend UCSB.
- To confirm that Resident Placement & Assignment Services has received your completed Residence Hall contract, please refer to the Steps to Enrollment checklist on the Admissions website.
- Once your contract has been received and processed, it will be indicated as “Complete” (green check mark) on the Steps to Enrollment page.
- Please check your Umail account directly and frequently so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your Umail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) If you don’t receive a confirmation email from us within a few minutes of submitting your contract, check your spam folder.
- If you have questions contact Resident Placement & Assignment Services at email@example.com or 805-893-5513 during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
Welcome to UCSB Housing, Dining & Auxiliary Enterprises, Home of the Gauchos!
The Freshman Housing Contract for 2017-2018 is now open. You must SIR and create your UCSB NetID and password before the process will work.
Information will also be sent to your umail address after you SIR and create your UCSB NetID and password, letting you know you are now able to access the housing process. On the first page please indicate whether or not you plan to live in UCSB housing before moving on. If you have any questions about the process, please contact our office: (805) 893-5513 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a current UCSB student, you may apply for 2017 Winter / Spring Housing below.
Gender inclusive housing options are available for students that are transgender, transsexual, intersex, and other diverse gender identities and expressions. To inquire about gender inclusive housing options, please contact Mario Munoz in Resident Placement & Assignment Services at 805-893-7391, or the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity805-893-5846.